[Tweeters] Robin distribution

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 21 14:57:46 PDT 2023

Hi all,
I remember Ron Chernow, in what to my untutored eye was a very good biography of George Washington made an assertion that surprised me, that Robin meat was the primary source of protein for the colonists.  Of course I don't know the page or have any knowledge with which to judge that statement, but this is one good bird. We experienced one spending the entire winter in a patch of dry whitethorn and mesquite scrub in the New Mexico bootheel last winter.
Cheers,
Ed Newbold