[Tweeters] 5 Warbler day at Butyl Creek

Ed Newbold ednewbold1 at yahoo.com
Mon May 1 20:59:53 PDT 2023

Hi all,
Not fallout conditions at Butyl Creek today but a steady trickle as we estimated 22 Warblers of 5 Species, Wilsons 11, Orange-crowned 7, Yellow-rumped 2, MacGillivray's 1 and Nashville 1. It's hard to know how many Warblers are repeat-bathers and how many are new birds.
We had no non-Warbler migrants today, however, unless anyone would count 2 Golden-crowned Kinglets.  We've only had Lincoln's Sparrow as a non-Warbler migrant since the 28th of April when we began watching the creek after a trip. I am very anxious about what this migration will end up looking like, but then, I'm always anxious.
Butyl Creek is our recirculating creek on Beacon Hill in the residential zone of mid-Beacon Hill.

Ed Newbold (and Delia Scholes)  ednewbold1 at yahoo.com

.