[Tweeters] Brown Pelican incursion at Port Townsend

Steve Hampton stevechampton at gmail.com
Tue May 16 20:01:36 PDT 2023

I'm just the messenger here. Today there were three reports of Brown
Pelicans around Port Townsend, spanning morning to afternoon, involving
anywhere from one to 12 birds. Presumably they are here. I see there was a
report of one of their attendants, a Heermann's Gull, from Port Angeles.

I was birding small country roads south of town, which were positively
teeming with Wilson's Warblers, Pacific-slope Flycatchers, and Black-headed
Grosbeaks. There were also fair numbers of Orange-crowned and Black-thr
Gray Warblers, Western Tanagers, and Swainson's Thrushes, and one to a few
of Warbling and Cassin's Vireos, Olive-sided Flycatchers, Yellow-rumped
Warblers, Common Yellowthroats, and a MacGillivray's Warbler. Nearly
everything in song.

good birding,

--
Steve Hampton