[Tweeters] Hermit Warbler? "photo-bombs" sapsucker

dan&erika danerika at gmail.com
Mon May 22 14:17:53 PDT 2023

Tweets--To make a long story short, I was recording a drumming Red-breasted
Sapsucker with the Merlin App at the Kennedy Creek Salmon Trail in southern
Mason Co. on Saturday. I have never seen a Hermit Warbler in Washington,
despite four years' searching. To my surprise, Merlin announced the
presence of a Hermit Warbler. I could not hear it, but the warbler call was
clearly evident on the sonogram. My friends with better hearing than mine
say they can hear the call. I wonder if I can count the bird if I can SEE
the call 🙂.

https://macaulaylibrary.org/asset/575007691

dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Olympia, Washington
danerika at gmail.com

".... the best shod travel with wet feet...Beware of all enterprises that
require new clothes ....”—H. D. Thoreau