[Tweeters] additional comments on ...

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Tue May 23 14:40:50 PDT 2023

Dave,

I specifically chose the D500 and the R7 for just the reasons you
consider comparing them to be "unfair". They are similarly priced
and they have an equivalent sensor. So the optics and the software in
the auto-focus becomes the major differences ... and the "human
factors" (ease of use, especially weight). Plus a birding friend
uses a D500 and swears by it - so I essentially had to try it for
myself. For me - the R7 is better than the D500 ... a large part of
that choice is based upon how heavy they are/aren't. Even the R7
is heavy compared to my Lumix ... but it out performs the Lumix in
so many ways that it was easy for me to choose to purchase an R7.
I don't know yet if I'll keep or sell the Lumix. There are some
things it does such as when it is at focal lengths less than 100
that make it an excellent camers. But for birding I'm going to be
using the R7 that arrived today.

I stand by my opinion ... but it's just that ... my Opinion.

- Jim