[Tweeters] Piliated and Hairy Woodpeckers near Madrona Woods

Barbara Mandula barbaramandula at comcast.net
Fri Nov 10 16:40:43 PST 2023

For the first time in the 17 years I've been watching the bird feeders on my
porch near Madrona Woods, I've seen a piliated woodpecker and a hairy
woodpecker. Each visited the suet feeder on the same day at the beginning
of November. The hairy appeared a few days later at a seed feeder, and the
piliated returned today to the suet. Until this month, I'd seen only an
occasional downy keeping the ubiquitous flickers company. Is there a
woodpecker irruption?