[Tweeters] Common Goldeneye at Union, WA

Tom Benedict benedict.t at comcast.net
Wed Nov 15 22:32:52 PST 2023

Don’t know if they are early or not, but I saw 3 male and 5 female Common Goldeneye on Hood Canal at Union, WA. Interestingly, two of the males were closely associated and were performing some "head throw” displays I normally see later in the winter/spring courtship season. Maybe they were practicing? Or tryin to intimidate one another?

Is this early for south Hood Canal? I haven’t seen any Goldeneye in Puget Sound yet at Brown’s Point, Dumas Bay, Dash Point or Seahurst.

Tom Benedict
Seahurst, WA