[Tweeters] Gray-Crowned Rosy-Finch Continues This Morning At Maple Leaf Park, Seattle

Nathan Wall wallography at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 10:58:15 PST 2023

Good morning all,

For those of you not using eBird or one of the RBA group chats I thought it
was worth mentioning that late yesterday afternoon I found a Gray-Crowned
Rosy-Finch foraging contentedly on dandelions while walking my dog at the
Maple Leaf Reservoir Park in Northeast Seattle. This morning the bird was
refound by John Puschock and as of 10:06am was continuing in the tall
grasses approximately here: (47.6898424, -122.3149739) providing great
ongoing looks. This sighting may be redundant for those of you who chased
the Edmonds birds but I think it is always wonderful to see this upland
species in the lowlands!

For those interested, my original checklist from yesterday with photos is
here:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S154529835

Happy birding!

Nathan.