[Tweeters] Gray-crowned Rosy Finches in Port Townsend

Steve Hampton stevechampton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 18:45:11 PST 2023

We'd been talking about the potential for this, and today Ali VandeGrift
found two GRAY-CR ROSY FINCHES at Pt Wilson, Fort Warden State Park, out by
the lighthouse. They were with a flock of 20 House Finches feeding in
the weeds near the radar tower and buildings. Several of us managed to
re-find one of them. Brian Ellis, unable to find them or the House Finches,
made the decision to check Pt Hudson, over a mile away, and re-found one
GCRF there. I suspect it's the same bird because we saw them make long
flights in that direction.

Their pics are better than mine, but here's mine:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S154860959

good birding,

--
Steve Hampton