[Tweeters] Snow Geese Over Burien Flying North?

Tom Benedict benedict.t at comcast.net
Wed Oct 4 16:29:29 PDT 2023

I found an interesting article <https://birdsofwinter.org/snow-geese-of-the-pacific-flyway/> which describes how most of the Snow Geese around here breed on Wrangell Island in the Russian Far East. Evidently about 40% of the Snow Geese we see in Puget Sound in fall are on their way further south to the California Central Valley and the remaining 60% remain for the winter, mainly in the Skagit and Fraser Valleys.

I’m guessing that the small flock I saw today is eventually destined for California.

Tom Benedict
Seahurst, WA