Matt Bartels mattxyz at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 5 18:04:32 PDT 2023

Hi Tweets -
Michael was away this week, so the rest of us combined forces to cover the weekly Marymoor walk.
It was foggy to begin with and remained a bit overcast almost all morning - but the temps were mild and the birds seemed more active than they’ve been for many weeks at Marymoor.
Although we turned up no rarities today and only about 47 species, it was a nice change to have great looks at so many birds this week.
Highlights:
Cackling Goose - small flocks heard several times - hard to know how many in total.
American Wigeon - one in the slough
Green-winged Teal - one in the slough our First of Fall, I believe
Virginia Rail - Tony spotted one below the weir that stayed out in the open along the edge of the slough for quite long views
Wilson’s Snipe - 6 + hanging out below the weir , some of them bobbing away
Ruby-crowned Kinglet - seen and heard several times, back in numbers this week
Varied Thrush - one heard near where the first ones were heard last week
Fox Sparrows - lots of singing, it seemed, this week

Misses:
other than Northern Flickers and a heard-only Downy, we had no other Woodpeckers
Hooded Merganser, Bushtit, Rock Pigeon also all eluded us

Matt Bartels
Seattle, WA