[Tweeters] mystery bird by Mt Rainier

Kevin Lucas vikingcove at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 12:29:49 PDT 2023

Distant male Northern Harrier I just saw from our yard fit that
description, including the lack of markings with my first views. After a
few seconds I got good views and the markings became evident.
I'd spotted it as I was watching a Turkey Vulture thermalling and gliding,
working its way southward. I'd kept watching the TUVU for a few minutes,
hoping some other birds would join it. The harrier was my reward.

Good Birding,
https://www.aba.org/aba-code-of-birding-ethics/
Kevin Lucas
Yakima County, WA