[Tweeters] Snow Geese and Swans and Raptors - Oh My!

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Thu Oct 12 12:20:46 PDT 2023

Hutch,

I haven't seen any swans yet and I haven't seen any reports of
them. The Snows are on
Fir Island in large numbers - and growing.

As to raptors - there has been a slight uptick in the counts -
mostly RTH - but the big
increase hasn't happened yet. I'm guessing that won't happen until
the ducks start
coming in in large numbers. We just had a Skagit Audubon Society
meeting Tuesday and
the speaker was Sue Cottrell ... she mentioned a few raptors that some
of us haven't
seen yet this fall ... so I think that means "any day now".
I've been seeing a few more Harriers at the East 90 and RTHs on the
wires in the
Samish and Skagit Flats.
Several of the Bald Eagle nests are "being worked on" with pairs
prepping for the
season.

Overall - good indications ... but still Promises, Promises.

When you come up here to Skagit - be sure to include the Samish Flats area.

- Jim