[Tweeters] Red-eyed Vireo, West Seattle

Trileigh Tucker TRI at seattleu.edu
Sun Sep 10 13:12:42 PDT 2023

Hi Tweets,

Well, I was pretty surprised this morning when the bird I thought at first glance was a delightful Warbling Vireo turned out to be an even more thrilling Red-eyed Vireo! (Photo<https://www.instagram.com/p/CxBjRUlyvEX/> in my Instagram stream.) This is a lifer for me and I’m delighted.

But I was surprised to see when I posted the sighting to eBird that this appears to be the first reported Red-eyed Vireo in West Seattle. This seems really unlikely, even given the bird’s scarcity and reclusiveness. Anyone else seen one here?

Good birding to all,
Trileigh

Trileigh Tucker
Pelly Valley, West Seattle