[Tweeters] Birding while cycling..

Steve Hampton stevechampton at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 20:46:00 PDT 2023

I love birding by bike and have done so for years. I've done the CBC by
bike most of the past 20 years. Compared to a car, I can hear everything,
note mixed species flock and stop quickly, and pretty much park anywhere.
Compared to walking, I can cover much more ground. Even if biking out to
the lighthouse or some other destination, I can pick up flyby crossbills,
Evening Grosbeak, or even a Townsend's Warbler chip, whereas by car I would
never have heard them.

​Steve Hampton​
Port Townsend, WA (qatáy)