[Tweeters] Skagit Shorebirding 9.14.23

MARVIN BREECE marvbreece at q.com
Thu Sep 14 16:06:49 PDT 2023

Early this morning, as I was taking video of a pair of juvenile golden-plovers at Hayton Reserve in Skagit County, a SHORT-TAILED WEASEL appeared and stole the show. And that's tough to do when it comes to golden-plovers.
Here's a video of the weasel: https://flic.kr/p/2p34qk5

Back to the juvenile golden-plovers. Based on both plumage and structure, i am convinced that one is an AMERICAN GOLDEN-PLOVER and one is a PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER. I am working on videos and will have them up on Flickr as soon as I can. With the weasel.

Later this morning the RUFF continued at Channel Drive with one STILT SANDPIPER and many dowitchers and yellowlegs.

It was a good day.

Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA
marvbreece at q.com