[Tweeters] Request for owl intel at Discovery Park

Nathaniel Peters ncpeters at uw.edu
Thu Sep 14 13:50:11 PDT 2023

Hello Tweets,

I will be leading an “Owl Prowl” at Discovery Park this coming Monday
evening for Birds Connect Seattle as part of Bird-Safe Seattle Week. We
had one Barred Owl fly-by during last year’s prowl near the cottages
bordering the main meadow, but the view was brief and the bird seen only by
a few. The participants are informed that we might not actually find any
owls, but it is always nice to be able to show the group the subject of an
intended walk.

If any of you are willing to share any recent owl sightings within the
park, please email me at ncpeters at uw.edu. I also understand if you wish to
keep any owl locations private.

In the event of an owl sighting during our walk, we will be very careful to
keep our distance and try to not disturb the bird. I will be talking about
this and setting intention and guidelines during our walk's opening
discussion.

Happy birding!

-Nathaniel Peters