[Tweeters] Wiley Slough - Bad News ...

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Wed Sep 27 17:52:38 PDT 2023

Hi all,

I sent an inquiry to the WDFW asking "Any update on when Wiley will reopen?"
and received an answer that isn't the best.

First of all "the project isn't going to finish until next year". Secondly,
they have not yet established what kind of public access they will provide
during the winter.
Reading between the lines I think that means that their work on raising the
dike is not complete and that the contractor will not be working thru the
winter. Whether or not they provide -any- public access is yet to be
known - and what that will/will not be is also an unknown. The WDFW has
already requested the contractor to provide some kind of access ... but
I don't think they have received an answer at this time.

She (Jenny Baker) essentially asked me to "check back with her in a
few weeks".

I've attached Jenny's response so you have all the details I have.

- Sorry for the bad news ... Jim

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your inquiry. I don't have a great answer for you yet. The
project will not be completed this year and we are working with the
construction contractor on public access. I hope to know more in the
next few weeks. Feel free to reach out again for updates.

Jenny