[Tweeters] Hmmm, does this bug you also?

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Thu Sep 28 09:32:16 PDT 2023

Hi,

I'm talking about the -endless- stream of emails asking for money
from Audubon. I'm getting more than one a day - probably more like
three or four. And they are -all- phrased as a "crisis" with very
little if any difference in the sense of urgency from one appeal to
the next.

Yes, I know how to simply delete them - and I'm doing that.

But the thing is that Audubon has become a "constant source of
irritation" ... and that makes me 'automatically delete and forget'.
I don't think that is the intent of their requests - I think they
genuinely want us to contribute and that they genuinely see the
need ... and urgency. But the effect of their emails, to me at
least, is to treat Audubon as just one more money-grubbing
company that wants to make money. Audubon gets paid - more
than you might think of any contribution we make ends up in
Audubon's pockets rather than getting to the actual organizations
that help our birds.

Sorry for the rant. I know your time is precious to you and
reading stuff like this is something you'd rather not have to
spend it on.

- go out and do some birding and ignore me ... Jim

P.S. There are excellent -local- organizations that I do give
money to ... they also have their hands out a little more
often than I'd like but at least the amount of their
'load' is considerably less than any national level
organization (like Audubon). And, yes, I do give some
money to Audubon - from time to time - just not 365 days
a year multiplied by how ever many emails I'm getting
from them.