[Tweeters] Western Scrub Jay in Belfair

mary hrudkaj mch1096 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 2 14:36:49 PST 2024

Coming home on Hwy 300 from Hwy 3 in Belfair, I and my sister were a bit surprised to see a Western Scrub Jay sitting over the intersection at Old Belfair Hwy. About 2 weeks ago I had seen one but couldn't remember if it was Belfair or Port Orchard. First I've seen in Belfair that I can remember.

Signs of Spring are there if you look for them. Found Western Coltsfoot flower stalks above ground in a couple areas along North Shore Rd. Water cress is coming up along the same road but I wouldn't pick any there. Hazelnut catkins are long and bright yellow everywhere, and my daffodils are poking up several inches. A great welcome home after being away for almost two weeks after back surgery.

Mary Hrudka
Tahuya/Belfair