[Tweeters] Lummi Flats ... finding locations in Whatcom County

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Sat Feb 3 07:24:39 PST 2024

Hi,

Following info from Whatcom Audubon site - and with some extra time for an
appointment in Bellingham - I drove out Slater Road last week. I did not
find very many birds - a few Trumpeters, one Bald Eagle, two RTH, and
three or four GBH. I did not go down any of the roads going South from
Slater Rd ... was that my mistake?
I also learned that there is zero access to the beach at Sandy Point
(unless you are a resident) ... so no shore birds to speak of other than
the occasional gull and a few mallards in the water but not much else.
I have previously gone to Whatcom Falls and although a very nice park -
again not very birdy.

So where are the "low hanging fruit" birding locations in the Bellingham
area?
- Jim