[Tweeters] Finally ...

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Thu Feb 8 15:41:11 PST 2024

I got two good birding opportunities today.

First - I finally went to Channel Drive in La Conner. Very
promising area. There were
a lot of snows, several thousand, that were feeding in a field and
were well back away
from the road. But still good to see them. It was drizzling so I
didn't even get out of
the car. But "I'll be back!" ...

The East 90 was 'special' today. First there were a couple hundred
(?) swans - again like
the snows at Channel just a bit too far away from the road for good
pics ... until they
decided it was time to move and got up and flew a few hundred yards to
the field right at
the East 90 corner.
Even better was that there were several harriers and 2 or 3 SEOWs
working the area
along the West side of the road at the East 90. The light was good,
high overall brightness
but not harsh ... what some call "open shadows". I got some good pics
of the owls and
harriers today.

https://eamon.smugmug.com/Family-pics-from-jim/Birds-and-Stuff-from-Jim/n-4Cw3NF/Birds-Web/i-gXHGVVq/A

- Jim