[Tweeters] telescope in carry-on bag

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 12 12:00:55 PST 2024

Dear Tweeters,
Greetings from Western New York. Lakes are still mostly frozen, but a few spring migrants have begun to show up. Meanwhile, we have a mini-irruption of Pine Siskins.
Question. Has anybody in Tweeter-land carried a spotting scope in carry-on baggage lately? I used to do so, but then grew weary of the insanity of people stuffing enormous, hard-shell suitcases into overhead bins. I started putting my scope in my checked baggage. So far so good--they haven't lost my scope yet.
Any suggestions? Heading off to Namibia in  a couple of days, and one of the wee airlines we're flying on is a bit picky about the luggage.
Yours truly,
Gary Bletsch