[Tweeters] WOS Monthly Meeting, March 4, 2024

meetings at wos.org meetings at wos.org
Sun Feb 18 14:54:13 PST 2024

The Washington Ornithological Society (WOS) is pleased to announce our next Monthly Meeting: on Monday March 4, Andy Stepniewski will present, "Finding birds in Eastern Washington: an introduction to the myriad of habitats and their birds east of the Cascade Mountain Crest (hint- it's all about the mosaic of vegetation zones)." Join Andy on an armchair tour east of the Cascades where a rain shadow effect is created by marked changes in elevation, precipitation, and temperature. This has led to a remarkable mosaic of vegetation zones. Travel from the crest of the Cascade Mountains to the sun-baked Columbia Plateau to appreciate habitats that provide breeding, wintering and migration-period habitat for more than 300 species of birds.

Andy has lived for four decades in the Yakima Valley and is a life-long naturalist. He has a special interest in the American West, through which he has traveled extensively for the past 50 years. He is a founding member of WOS and takes great pleasure in sharing his love of nature. Andy and his wife Ellen made major contributions to the Birder’s Guide to Washington.

This meeting will be conducted virtually, via Zoom (no in-person attendance). Sign-in will begin at 7:15 pm, and the meeting commences at 7:30 pm. Please go to the WOS Monthly Meetings page: https://wos.org/monthly-meetings/ for instructions on participation and to get the Zoom link.

When joining the meeting, we ask that you mute your device and make certain that your camera is turned off.

This meeting is open to all as WOS invites everyone in the wider birding community to attend. Thanks to the generosity of our presenters, recordings of past programs are available at the following link to the WOS YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@washingtonornithologicalso7839/videos

If you are not yet a member of WOS, we hope you will consider becoming one at https://wos.org

Please join us!

Elaine Chuang
WOS Program Support