[Tweeters] Whooper swan and alternative plumage widgeons.

Cynthia Simonsen csimonsen52 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 09:51:12 PST 2024

Skagit news from the Salish flats.

The Whooper Swan was still hanging around yesterday. We found it on Sunset
Rd east of Chuckanut.

Sunday we found two “Stormy widgeons” and an alternative plumage widgeon
in the field just east of the West 90.

Birds of the World has lots of information about these plumages of the
American Widgeon. We also spotted several Eurasian widgeons east of the
west 90.

By the way, the farm on West Allen that attracts lots of eagles around
calving time must be in full swing. Lots of eagles…around 60.

Happy Birding,
Cindy

c simonsen at g mail