[Tweeters] Whooper Swan on Samish Flats - continuing

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Tue Feb 20 14:36:52 PST 2024

Hi,

I got to see and photograph the Whooper Swan today. It was in the
field just West of the Allen United Methodist Church on Allen West Rd.
I didn't get any great pictures - just enough to establish the ID for
eBird (= Rare). Definitely a Whooper and not -supposed- to be here if
you believe the range maps. There were 17 Trumpeters it was with. It
wasn't doing anything special (different from what the Trumpeters were
also doing = eating grass). Frustrated that I didn't have time to
just sit and watch it. A swan is a swan is a swan? *G*
- Jim