[Tweeters] thoughts on Whooping Swans

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Sun Feb 25 18:41:47 PST 2024

Chris,

Didn't your folks ever caution you about "hanging out with the wrong crowd"?
Maybe these birds just followed some of the North American Swans when
they left
Wrangell or Chucotka? Perhaps it's cool to visit the U.S. so they can brag to
their relatives this summer? "... and here's one of me in Skagit
County ... the
grass there is awesome and unlike anything anywhere else in the world ...".

More seriously - perhaps there was some weather or other habitat related
event(s) that created these situations? Will it repeat? I hope so!

I'm still hoping to get at least one "much better picture" than the one I
have already (too far away and not the best light).

https://eamon.smugmug.com/Family-pics-from-jim/Birds-and-Stuff-from-Jim/n-4Cw3NF/Birds-Web/i-KJrNr22/A

- Jim