[Tweeters] Tweeters messages and other WOS website news

Randy Hill re_hill at q.com
Tue Feb 27 11:57:55 PST 2024

The WOS weekend field trip(s) to Cowlitz and Clark County next week has no sign-ups yet. As last year (when we had an unfortunate severe snow event just ahead of the weekend) it consists of up to three days of birding. The Friday 3/8 noon start covers the Woodland Bottoms, although co-lead Russ Koppendrayer has offered early arrivals an opportunity to bird the Kalama area beginning around 10am. The full day of birding on Saturday 3/9 will look at Ridgefield NWR and areas west of I-5 down to the Vancouver lowlands. For those still around for Sunday we will fill in gaps west of I-5 and move upriver to the Vancouver waterfront. From that point it could include areas further upstream as far as Steigerwald Lake, or further upslope to the Yacolt Burn State Forest. WOS members have priority for up to 12 spaces, but after 3/5 it will be open to Vancouver Audubon sign-ups.

Randy Hill
randy.hill.98642 at gmail.com
or
re_hill at q.com