Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Thu Feb 29 17:18:13 PST 2024

Tweets - Today was just our 2nd Leap Day Marymoor Survey. The last one was
28 years ago, when the survey was still a baby, and I did that one solo
(Brian Bell had only just started coming out with me, and was on an
every-other-week schedule then). I had a mere 35 species, and my notes
indicate it was frosty but sunny without much wind.

Well, it wasn't actually frosty this morning, nor was it sunny, nor
windless. Assurances that the overnight wind last night would end before
morning were, shall I say, over blown. It was dark, wet, windy, and rather
chilly, but I will say that the birding got better later in the morning.

Highlights:
Greater White-fronted Goose - Probably the same two as last week, with
Canadas, Fields 7-8-9