[Tweeters] Strait of Georgia (Whatcom) trip report - YBLO!

Eric Ellingson esellingson at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 20:25:08 PST 2024

The link is my trip report for the afternoon of January 1st.

https://ebird.org/tripreport/190365

For about 4 hours Marcia and I covered 30+ miles aboard Seabird going from
Birch Bay Marina, up toward Semiahmoo, then across to Point Roberts and
back.

The highlight was the Yellow-billed Loon <https://flic.kr/p/2pq2L2e>. We
were at our turn-a-round destination when we spotted the loon just off the
shore at Point Roberts. With the sun at our backs and calm seas, it made
for a great sighting and a few ok photos.

For those not familiar with eBird trip reports. This is done on the
desktop, not the mobile version of eBird. One selects a group of eBird
checklists spanning whatever time frame you want and then eBird compiles
all the birds, bird numbers, photos, etc into one list. It can be like this
one, 6 lists in one day, or like this one https://ebird.org/tripreport/37733
covering 13 days in Costa Rica.

Wishing you all a very birdy 2024!

Eric Ellingson