[Tweeters] Swan mid-winter survey volunteers needed

Martha Jordan mj.cygnus at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 17:16:57 PST 2024

Hello,
Once again it is nearly time for the WDFW mid-winter swan surveys.
While much of the area is officially covered by WDFW staff, there are areas
where help is needed. This is especially true for Snohomish County south of
U.S. 2 and in King County in the area outside of the Snoqualmie Valley all
the way east to Lake Washington (including Lk Washington). Also the area
west of the Enumclaw plateau zone.
Contact me directly if you have an interest in doing a special area,
have a few (2-4 hours) to volunteer for this important effort. I am
coordinating these areas for this year.
Thanks. And if you are out and about between Jan 16-28 and
observe swans in King or south Snohomish counties, please let me know of
your sightings. They may help to cover all the areas.

Thanks. And may it warm up next week.
Martha Jordan
Contact: 206-713-3684 martha at nwswans.org