[Tweeters] FW: Hi guys; new member of your *253* fraternity....

Tom Mansfield birds at t-mansfield.com
Mon Jan 8 20:21:02 PST 2024

Oh Rick – Tina always did have a great deal of taste. I can remember peeing behind your car while everyone was trying to focus on a VERY distant AND RARE bird with so many of us including Ruth Sullivan trying to focus cameras. And of course it wasn’t relevant in the long run because no one actually got a photo of the bird in question. You guys were stalwart competitors. And accomplished so much. If what we did had any benefit who knows? We llved in an incredible time when chasing and identifying birds was an “honorable” pursuit and we added to the records in a tangible way. We came after the “founding” stalwarts locally but we took it to NEW heights, with respect of course. I am on the final run; I am not sorry nor seeking sympathy. Life is as life does. As they used to say on Tweeters, may all your birds be identified but I can tell you, it’s the ones that aren’t that most interest me. Cheers tm