[Tweeters] Spinus pinus FOY

Tom Benedict benedict.t at comcast.net
Wed Jan 10 13:40:35 PST 2024

A small flock of spinus pinus has returned to our feeder in Burien today. About 10 very smart looking males and females associated with a few poecile atricapillus and poecile rufescens as well as a pair of very shy thryomanes bewickii.

We recently reinstated our feeder after taking it down for about 9 months due to rodent issues. We received a "bird seed wreath" from some friends. It’s made by Wild Birds Unlimited and includes chili powder which is supposed to make the seeds unpalatable to rodents and other non-bird critters.

Tom Benedict
Seahurst, WA