[Tweeters] Song Thrush karma points in Port Angeles

Steve Hampton stevechampton at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 18:01:08 PST 2024

Barry McKenzie and I spent much of the day canvassing the neighborhood in
Port Angeles where the Song Thrush was photographed on Friday. We covered
roughly the square cornered by 10th & A and 7th & E, twice. There are
scattered groups of Am Robin and Varied Thrush feeding frenzies at various
apple trees and berry bushes. I suspect the Song Thrush is still in the
area, or perhaps a little beyond that perimeter.

I understand from European friends that, in winter, they can often be solo,
though are not shy like a Hermit Thrush, and are often on lawns, under
suet, and call frequently. The photographed bird was in the company of
juncos and Varied Thrushes - and there are plenty of other species around.

Our most interesting bird was a stunning pied leucistic robin. Pics at
https://ebird.org/checklist/S159004671.

The original Song Thrush report (with photos) is here:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S158946747

good birding,

--
Steve Hampton