[Tweeters] new Skagit Black Phoebe

pan panmail at mailfence.com
Sun Jan 21 19:28:47 PST 2024

Hi, Tweets,

I got to bird lower Skagit County today with Birds Connect Seattle's young birders program, and among the highlights was a surprise Black Phoebe spotted by teens at a farm pond at Farm to Market Road across from Boe Road.  We also found the continuing Great Egret east of La Conner near Best and Calhoun Roads.  The great mass of Snow Geese were on the ground in this area, too.  We saw about four American Kestrels and no other falcons.  (In past decades, kestrels were hard to get and Peregrines and Merlins were numbers one and two.)  We saw Northern Shrike and one Short-eared Owl at the Rawlins Road shore access, and five owls at the east 90 later in the day.

21 January, 2024,

Alan Grenon
Seattle
panmail at mailfence point com