[Tweeters] Okanogan Highlands Scout Trip 1/21/2024

Shep Thorp shepthorp at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 22:00:25 PST 2024

Hi Tweets,
Day three of our scout trip was nice despite cloudy and snowy conditions. Fancher Road had plenty of Chukar with the snow and on the flats we bumped into a flock of 100+ Common Redpolls. Siwash Creek was good for Sharp-tailed Grouse, Northern Pygmy Owl, and all the usual highlands birds. Nealy Road Feeder, Highlands Meadows, was great for photographing Mountain Chickadee. On Bartoff/Meyers Road we found a small flock of Pine Grosbeaks foraging buds from a Larch Tree. Mary Ann Creek was slow but fantastic looks of Ruffed Grouse.
Happy Birding,
Shep

Shep Thorp, VMD
Family Guy, Emergency Veterinarian, Birder
Browns Point, Tacoma
253-370-3742