[Tweeters] Gregg Thompson

Dianna Moore osdlm1945 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 12:09:07 PST 2024

Hi Tweets...I too would like to pay tribute to Gregg Thompson's legacy.
I met Gregg out at Oyhut Wildlife Area while birding with Ruth Sullivan.
She sometimes dropped by to get me to accompany her while chasing the fall
migration. We ran into Gregg one day and she introduced him to me as "the
best nature photographer in the state of Washington". I had just been asked
to write a column for the Aberdeen Daily World on the Birds of Grays Harbor
so I gathered my courage and asked if I could use his photos with my
articles. He told me I was welcome to use them anytime as long as it wasn't
for my gain. So began a 12 year "partnership". His photos decided my
article subject, as I wanted birds found in Grays Harbor at the time of
each column. I still have every one of those columns in a folder.
After the newspaper stopped using my column, I still commented to Gregg
whenever a photo particularly struck me and many did.
He will be missed.
Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores