[Tweeters] FOY Band-Tailed Pigeon

mary hrudkaj mch1096 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 3 11:09:22 PST 2024

Must be pretty horrid weather in NW California for a Band-Tailed Pigeon to show up in my yard a couple minutes ago. We're having snow showers this morning, but the inch and a half is melting away nicely. If it wasn't for seeing the BTP I'd swear it's January 3rd and not March 3rd.

It's always interesting to see how long it takes the rest of the flock to get up here from their wintering grounds in NW California. Also, how many eventually show up.

Earlier when it was snowing heavily the Mountain Quail family was here scratching through the snow to get to feed I had put out earlier. There's another pair of Mt. Quail here now and they either have just one youngster that survived or it's an unattached female with them. The Varied Thrush are particularly vivid against a snowy background.

Happy birding.

Mary Hrudkaj,
Belfair/Tahuya