[Tweeters] Jefferson and Kitsap Birding - 3/3 and 3/4

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 14:39:42 PST 2024

Hi Tweets!

I was out on Sunday and Monday in Jefferson and Kitsap Counties. I was mostly chasing birds found by others, but did come across some of my own as well.

On Sunday afternoon, I set out and found a couple of Canvasback and a Redhead that have been hanging around at Kitsap Lake. From there, I went almost directly to Port Townsend - North Beach. A Snow Bunting has been seen there (both before and after my visit, but not during) from the parking lot.

I stayed at Dosewallips State Park for the night, and then did some owling the next morning - picking up a Northern Saw-whet Owl at the Quilcene Fish Hatchery.

Most of the Monday was spent exploring clear-cuts, both in Jefferson and Kitsap Counties. Lots of beautiful pics, if not lots of birds. The highlight was a Sooty Grouse (a tough bird for Kitsap County) on the way up Gold Mountain. I didn't get to the very top. A decision I do not regret, given the lightning that hit the top of the mountain as I was descending!

Updates to the blog at jkcountybirding.blogspot.com:

https://jkcountybirding.blogspot.com/2024/03/march-3rd-i-find-out-my-chasing-aint-bad.html
https://jkcountybirding.blogspot.com/2024/03/march-4th-clear-cut-plans.html
[https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEigSSLLD6tnge8D5ipitlr1BeJnDRf-9rEwO8hNy2MvkYdO7oDVw3m3jr_vWftb8BHXfcqH76RUZGpRsyhbXTJsy_fVwD0xsoRMzntpUz9IUbOjlZOl-eTg3cV5KyPvfid8EWLCEsw2z0f_pqcs_lnqQsp-5dwraW_gaHIRXicanyI-9uHRivsn0ToCZ-HP/w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu/DSC_0107.JPG]<https://jkcountybirding.blogspot.com/2024/03/march-4th-clear-cut-plans.html>
March 4th - Clear-cut Plans<https://jkcountybirding.blogspot.com/2024/03/march-4th-clear-cut-plans.html>
Snow Creek Road I went to bed pretty early the night before, and I was up pretty early on a Monday morning. Well in advance of sunrise, I ...
jkcountybirding.blogspot.com
Cheers,

Tim Brennan
Renton