[Tweeters] Mountain bluebird Deer Lagoon

davearm at uw.edu davearm at uw.edu
Mon Mar 11 19:13:46 PDT 2024

eBird was skeptical when I posted one mt bluebird at Deer Lagoon ( DL) on whidbey island. But there it was….. so startling and so blue; nothing else like it … not even the western bluebird. Close flyby caught my attention, then good looks when it landed in the driftwood at mouth of DL draining into Useless Bay. Wish that all birds were that easy trace on muted grey logs.
Otherwise, usual species: kingfishers, lots of brant and Dunlin, 100s of buffleheads and greater scaups, hooded mergansers, assorted pintails, gadwalls, mallards, lots of heron
David armstrong
Sent from my iPhone