[Tweeters] Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM) Eagle's Pride Golf

Kenneth Brown kenbrownpls at comcast.net
Mon Mar 25 12:53:48 PDT 2024

Jim, I attend that walk pretty regularly and we seldom see Eagles or Harriers there. I would guess that is because it is only a mile or so east of the Nisqually River and the refuge which has much more attractive habitat (food sources). We do see RT Hawks routinely, Great Horned owls occasionally, and at least once a Barred Owl, but it is not one of the better local spots for raptor species. A couple miles south on I-5 takes you to NNWR and greater opportunity.

Ken Brown (Olympia morph)