[Alpine-info] O365 XOAUTH2 via fetchmail

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Fri Apr 29 12:38:02 PDT 2022

On Fri, 29 Apr 2022, Carlos E. R. wrote:

>> If the institute Gsuite (which is currently my main e-mail feed, via

>> ssh from home) moves to OATH2 forbidding fetchmail AND imap, I'll guess

>> I'd move at least my private mail to some other provider, and forward

>> the official one to it.

> Forwarding can also have interesting mishaps ;-)

Ready to test it, if FORCED to abandon fetchmail.

By the way, I've made a posting to fetchmail-users at lists.sourceforge.net,
in Bcc:)

I also kept a copy of some of the latest list(s) correspondence on this
issue, but I have to study it, including yours about imapsync (was this
the name?). Will that be oauth-free ?

>> I would also not be displeased with running my own SMTP/MX at home, if

>> I'd understand how to get a static IP instead of a CGNAT DHCP to get a

>> domain of my own.

> No, no way with CGNAT, unless getting an IPv6 address instead. Or with a

> tunnel.

I have an openvpn tunnel with my machine at work, which I use sporadically
for NFS mounts. I tested it also with an http proxy to open to the world
my local Apache (yes, I do have an Apache httpd which I use only locally
as a file manager and mysql frontend :-)) but I am not keeping it on. And
I won't not use the tunnel for smtp. I guess this will not be compliant
with the GARR AUP.

... who will live, will see

--
Lucio Chiappetti - INAF/IASF - via Corti 12 - I-20133 Milano (Italy)