[Alpine-info] Are Their Hard Limits in News Group Articles?

Lucio Chiappetti lucio at lambrate.inaf.it
Mon Oct 10 12:25:40 PDT 2022

On Mon, 10 Oct 2022, Eduardo Chappa wrote:

> Articles are never marked as "read" in newsgroups in Alpine. In many

> newsreaders as soon as a message is read it is removed from your view

> forever, even though the message still exists in the server,

I am one of the few who still reads Usenet NGs. I use alpine, and I have
configured it in "catchall mode". Essentially I press D to "mark for
deletion" all messages I read except those pending for replies, or my
latest replies. Autoexpunge on exit.

If I want to go back to an older message still on the server, I press &
and wait patiently. After a while I can see the old ones, tagged "D" and
eventually Undelete a few.