[Alpine-info] HTML text view

Peter Koellner peter at asgalon.net
Sat Jan 14 04:08:40 PST 2023

Hi,

I have reincarnated my old MacbookPro backup into a MacBookAir and
installed alpine again. It works fine, only when I try to view the
HTML part of an email there seems to be a problem. It does open a
browser tab in firefox, but the tab is empty. Viewing an URL from
plain text works without problems, though. I am using a remote setup,
and on linux it works fine. So my question is: where do I have to
configure the behaviour of opening HTML attachments/mail parts? I am
not sure if this is inside alpine or something I have to do in mime
type configurations in the system. The "URL-Viewers" setting is
overridden with "open -a Firefox", I guess this is only for the url
displays but not for the html mail parts? Or do I have to give a
different parameter for those? Or is it configured somewhere else?

Regards
Peter