[Alpine-info] HTML text view

Peter Koellner peter at asgalon.net
Tue Jan 17 14:59:53 PST 2023

Just for the record:

created a ~/.mailcap file containing:

application/*; /usr/bin/open %s
audio/*; /usr/bin/open %s
image/*; /usr/bin/open %s
text/*; /usr/bin/open %s
video/*; /usr/bin/open %s

and then set an exception for Mailcap-Path in configuration settings
to ~/.mailcap on macos
This then opens the temporary file path correctly, though images
loaded from other mime parts in the mail are missing, not sure how
that works. Our rental office loves to send emails with annopuncements
where they put all the text as a rendered image with fancy fonts and eye candy and
whatnot in an otherwise empty embedded html page microsoft-style and
leave the plain text part empty, so I have to figure that out too.
This plist error below came from some really ancient preferences
launcher configuration that was restored from the old machine's backup.

So the main problem is more or less solved.

Regards
Peter