[Alpine-info] Seeking someone who..?

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Wed Nov 29 11:14:15 PST 2023

On 2023-11-29 18:54, D.J.J. Ring, Jr. wrote:

> I found the information, there's a new website unknown to me.

> https://alpineapp.email/ <https://alpineapp.email/>

> Maybe put that URL in the README file. I am using an old version to

> avoid the alpine password requirements. I suggest an override when

> compiling to avoid it's use, some of us just use alpine in our homes, no

> hackers have access to any files. --no-passwords perhaps?

There is a procedure to disable asking for the password, but as I don't
use it (and will *not* use it), I don't remember it. Intentionally so.

google finds it, though:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1349401/how-to-remove-the-master-password-for-the-alpine-pine-e-mail-client

https://comp.mail.pine.narkive.com/UcMK4NZG/suppress-master-password-prompt

--