[Alpine-info] Seeking someone who..?

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Thu Nov 30 14:37:27 PST 2023

Hi Damion-and-All: I always figured a large difference in screen-readers with
many extra options as well as live customer phone support, were related with
commercial verses free. After all, back in the 90s as I was paying for
Vocal-Eyes in DOS and JAWS, I could phone-and-get support. But in an
oped-source free world, its a much larger challenge receiving or asking for
live support. Sometimes I have had limited success. As an unrelated comment, a
couple of times today you mention news groups-and-Usenet. An unwelcome surprise
for me was in 2003 when many of the binaries were posted in yenc, which trn,
nor Alpine natively support.
Chime