[Tweeters] Old Sam Peabody

J. Acker Owler at sounddsl.com
Mon Apr 3 17:09:37 PDT 2023

Hey Tweeters,

Its that time of year again. I am hearing “Old Sam Peabody” and I know that means that the White-throated sparrows that have been in the neighborhood for the winter will be leaving very soon. I will miss them. The first arrived at the feeder in early October and the second in mid-January. Both were tan morphs at the time, but have since seemingly molted. One still looks like a tan morph, though the white is brighter but it looks rather ragged, as if it just took a bath. The second now has bright yellow lores and bright white eye stripes, though the median crown still appears tan. Safe travels!

J. Acker
Owler at sounddsl.com
Bainbridge Island, WA
Sent from Mail for Windows