[Tweeters] King County, WA - “New” Osprey Nest

ANDREA BENNETT bennetts10 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 24 09:25:10 PDT 2023

Seattle, King County, WA
Over last summer (2022) every single light on the Nathan Hale field behind Nathan Hale High School was pulled down and replaced with the exception of the light holding the nest of a pair of Ospreys who had successfully nested there since at least 2017 if not earlier.
After the Ospreys migrated south for the winter, that light was pulled down and replaced with a new light with a nesting platform.
This morning I visited the field and an Osprey was visiting the platform and starting to build a new nest! I only saw one Osprey this morning but hopefully there is a mate and there will be a new Osprey family!

Andrea Bennett