[Tweeters] Getting rid of moles ...

jimbetz at jimbetz.com jimbetz at jimbetz.com
Mon Apr 24 09:52:03 PDT 2023

Hi,

Before you go right by this - there is a definite link to birds!

We're reworking our yard and putting in native/bird friendly plants.
We have a long history of trouble with moles - and the yard is going
to be "all tan bark and plants". The lawn has already been removed
and we're seeing evidence of mole activity.
I know about/have tried most of the mole treatments - and they don't
really work (temporary, at best). Moles eat earthworms. So if we get
rid of the earthworms we'll get rid of the moles.

Catch-22 ... we have a good number of robins that I don't want to
loose and I'm concerned about doing something to the earthworms that
will affect the robins and towhees. I especially don't want to
poison the birds!

Suggestions?
- Jim